Chelmsford Technical High School began as the Junior Technical School in 1933, on the same site as the Chelmsford School of Art and Technology in Market Road. As the Chelmsford County Technical School, it was transferred in September 1958 to new and separate premises in Patching Hall Lane, Chelmsford.
Mr. Palmer was headmaster from 1943 until July 1954. He was followed by Dr. Stephens, who arrived in January 1955 (we have no record of who deputised for the Autumn term of 1954) until Christmas 1960. Miss Chalk then became acting head until Easter 1961 when Mr. Cooper arrived. Mr Cooper served as headmaster from Easter 1961 to 1975 at Patching Hall Lane, then became headmaster of the new Chelmer Valley High School until his retirement in 1980.
Click on the Camera Icons in the Menu to view photos